[Engine-devel] oVirt UI Plugins Presentation: PDF slides

Itamar Heim iheim at redhat.com
Wed Oct 10 07:35:36 UTC 2012

On 10/09/2012 12:39 PM, Vojtech Szocs wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
> please find the slides for today's UI Plugins presentation attached to this email.
>
> Regards,
> Vojtech

great deck!

few comments/questions:
1. you are using internal entities ("VDS") - the ui API must only use
    entities and actions which match the REST API entities/actions.
    or to begin with, make all these entities share IEntity, and just
    pass the IEntity.EntityId property for them to the plugin).
2. slides 21-25
    iiuc, these are part of the plugin api infrastrcture, not of a
    sample plugin. i think a sample, simple, javascript plugin git repo
    would be great (like we have sample hooks for vdsm).
3. nit(?): the event you fire in the sample is not HostActivated,
    rather HostActivateRequest? i.e., need to distinguish between a
    request for an action, to a real status change of an object (which
    would be a change for a host entity in the grid from one status to a
    another status)?