[Engine-devel] libosinfo integration

Roy Golan rgolan at redhat.com
Thu Oct 11 10:22:51 UTC 2012

After considering the pros and cons and making poc's I've decided to
take the direct XML and java pure implementation.
http://gerrit.ovirt.org/#/c/8472/
http://gerrit.ovirt.org/#/c/8473/

the main motivation was is that the XML loading was fast and standard.
it is very easy to expose a subset of the API while leaving behind the
extra library magic which we don't currently need.
Maybe at some point the inheritance feature will come in handy and the
jgir implementation will be done so we could switch to it (I'm really
not sure whats it there which is not complete)