[Engine-devel] Strange input from oVirt-engine for create (VM) API

Adam Litke agl at us.ibm.com
Mon Oct 22 19:22:18 UTC 2012

Hi all,

Today I was watching the vdsm log as ovirt-engine started a VM and I saw
something peculiar with how VM device addresses were specified.  Here is a
sample of the python dictionary for the VM from vdsm.log (I reformatted it with
pprint for readability):

             {'address': {' bus': '1',
                          ' controller': '0',
                          ' target': '0',
                          ' type': 'drive',
                          'unit': '0'},

Notice the whitespace in the 'controller', 'target', and 'type' keys.  Could
someone explain why this is happening?  Is it deliberate or a bug?

Thanks!

--
Adam Litke <agl at us.ibm.com>
IBM Linux Technology Center