[Engine-devel] [help]how to get the CA certificate when uploader ISO

Keith Robertson kroberts at redhat.com
Tue Oct 30 10:08:13 UTC 2012

On 10/30/2012 06:02 AM, Sheldon wrote:
> error when I update a iso to iso domain by engine-iso-uploader
> # engine-iso-uploader --iso-domain=ISO upload Fedora-17-x86_64-DVD.iso
> Please provide the REST API password for the admin at internal oVirt
> Engine user (CTRL+D to abort):
> ERROR: [ERROR]::ca_file (CA certificate) must be specified for SSL
> connection.
> INFO: Use the -h option to see usage.
>
> but I manual engine-iso-uploader, there is no any information about
> certificate.
> # man engine-iso-uploader

The LC needs to be rebuilt.  The code in the GIT repo has the patch but
it isn't in the official download spot.  In the meantime you can roll
your own with [1].

In the future, the tools need to become part of the nightly builds.

[1]
Step 1: git clone http://gerrit.ovirt.org/p/ovirt-iso-uploader.git
Step 2: export APP_VERSION=3.0.0; export APP_RELEASE=1
Step 3: cd ovirt-iso-uploader
Step 4: make
Step 5: Notice the ovirt-iso-uploader*.rpm location in the STDOUT
Step 6: yum install /path/to/ovirt-iso-uploader*.rpm