[Engine-devel] Gluster IPTable configuration

Andrew Cathrow acathrow at redhat.com
Mon Sep 3 21:21:11 UTC 2012

----- Original Message -----

Let's say I use nagios for my host monitoring.
I setup a rhel/fedora/*EL host using my standard corporate and include port 5667/5666 for nagios.
ovirt engine connects to it and blocks nagios.

While it would be great to have all firewall rules (and other settings) managed from ovirt-engine we are a long way away from that.
Adding rules rather than overwriting iptables config would allow us not to stomp on the user's existing settings.

> There should be no setting at slave that master is not aware of.
>
> This also enables you to duplicate hipervisor, recover configuration
> or push mass configuration change.

> In your above case, this rule for monitoring agent may be added at
> master repository and pushed to slaves belongs to specific group,
> just like the gluster case.

yes, but in the 24 months between now and when we get to implement that feature ......