[Engine-devel] what does engine with cpuIdle?

Laszlo Hornyak lhornyak at redhat.com
Mon Sep 10 12:51:59 UTC 2012

hi,

I am trying to change a behavior in vdsm. When you pass 100% load on a VM, it will stop reporting further load and will keep telling 100% until the load drops under 100% again in it's cpuIdle information. This is totally correct if you have only single-cpu VM's, but it is false when you have multiple vcpu's, I think the cpuIdle information should not be on a 0-100 scale, but on a 0-100*vcpus scale.

So I submitted this patch to vdsm: http://gerrit.ovirt.org/#/c/7892/2 and Dan pointed out that some functionality may depend on the value in the 0-100 interval. For me it seems it is ignored and the load is calculated only from sysCpu + userCpu. Does anyone build on the cpuIdle value?

Thanks,
Laszlo