[Engine-devel] [oVirt/RHEV 3.3 Localization Question #13] "${ENTITIES_USING_VNIC_PROFILE_COUNTER}"

Moti Asayag masayag at redhat.com
Mon Aug 12 06:53:29 UTC 2013

----- Original Message -----

Yes.

> Is it always greater than 1 or could it be 1 in some cases?

It can be 1 or greater.

> Is ${ENTITIES_USING_VNIC_PROFILE} representing the name(s) of entities using
> the the VNIC profile?

Yes.

Here are 2 examples for the error when the vnic profile is used by one or more vms:

A vnic profile used by a single entity:
Error while executing action: Cannot remove VM network interface profile. Several virtual machines (1) are using this VM network interface profile:
vm1
- Please remove it from all virtual machines that are using it and try again.

A vnic profile used by a two entities:
Error while executing action: Cannot remove VM network interface profile. Several virtual machines (2) are using this VM network interface profile:
vm1,
vm2