[Engine-devel] NPE in RunVmCommandTest

Greg Sheremeta gshereme at redhat.com
Wed Aug 21 20:07:25 UTC 2013

Hi Roy,

On a fresh clone of ovirt-engine master, I'm experiencing a very strange test failure in RunVmCommandTest. I believe it's race-condition based. It's related to the osRepository variable that you added to RunVmCommand in ba8ada49. Sometimes it's just null in the 16 of the 17 RunVmCommandTest tests, causing an NPE at RunVmCommand:680. Surefire report attached. I can duplicate it pretty well on my home workstation running a command-line build (which is a little slower than my T520). I can't duplicate it on the T520 running a command-line build. I can duplicate it on the T520 if I run the tests inside Eclipse (right click on a test method, Run As > JUnit test, wait 30 seconds, fail). If there is a race condition, maybe it's related to setting osRepository in the initializer. That's just a guess.

Can you assist?

Thanks,
Greg

Greg Sheremeta