[Engine-devel] About the "New Pool" dialog box

Vitor de Lima vitor.lima at eldorado.org.br
Thu Aug 29 18:18:28 UTC 2013

Hi everyone,

I noticed some issues with the "New Pool" dialog in the webadmin interface. When creating a new pool, I cannot change the selected cluster and the selected template, it automatically resets into the initial selection, that appeared when the dialog was first shown, when I try to choose something else. I also noticed that, in the revision 0d9da7d0d922bc9f0eecaf6f4eecad77e8b2e3e2, the interface automatically changed the selected cluster after the user had selected a template. How should this dialog behave? Was the previous behavior the correct one?

There are also some issues on how to introduce the multi-architecture support into the webadmin interface. When the user is creating a Pool or a VM, he shouldn't be able to use templates that are based on a x86 VM to create a VM/Pool in a PPC64 cluster (and vice-versa). This kind of problem could be avoided if the interface hid incompatible templates given a cluster, or hid incompatible clusters given a template, or maybe it could let the user choose any template or cluster, and only show an error after the OK button is pressed. What would be a proper way to handle this?

Thanks,
Vitor de Lima