[Engine-devel] Adding users and assigning roles in Ovirt

Ramesh rnachimu at redhat.com
Mon Dec 2 05:22:53 UTC 2013

Hi All,

   We have 'Add' action under 'Users' main tab to add users in Ovirt .
It looks slightly different from the "Add user" option of the Configure
option. Actually, this one is missing the "Role to Assign" option. I
think without assigning any role, adding a user is not meaningful and it
didn't complete the flow.

   Currently to assign any role to the user, either we have to use
'Configure' option ( to add system permission) or we have to go to the
specific entity and add permission for that entity. It will be nice if
we can assign roles( system level permissions) while adding users in
'Users' tab itself. It will be a clear user flow where one can add user
and assign role in the same place.

I have attached both the screen shots.

please share your thoughts.

Regards,