[Engine-devel] Adding users and assigning roles in Ovirt

Gilad Chaplik gchaplik at redhat.com
Mon Dec 2 08:47:56 UTC 2013

Hi Ramesh,

You're right, I also think that the 'add users' is a bit pointless, but adding a system permission in that dialog can be dangerous (if admin doesn't fully understand what he's doing, and MLA is complicated enough ;-) ).

Currently when adding a permission we can specify a AD-user (regardless to the fact he's added or not), So eventually power users can add users to the system.
I can think of a case, that admins will want to manage the users by themselves, i.e- power users can add permissions for the added users only.
this way this dialog can be useful.

Thanks,
Gilad.