[Engine-devel] Engine on Fedora 20

Adam Litke alitke at redhat.com
Thu Dec 19 20:22:55 UTC 2013

On 19/12/13 15:05 -0500, Adam Litke wrote:
>Has anyone had success running ovirt-engine on Fedora 20?  I upgraded
>my system on Wednesday and thought everything was fine but then I
>started getting the following error:
>
>2013-12-19 14:53:31,447 ERROR [org.ovirt.engine.core.bll.Backend] (MSC
>service thread 1-5) Error in getting DB connection. The database is
>inaccessible. Original exception is:
>DataAccessResourceFailureException: Error retreiving database
>metadata; nested exception is
>org.springframework.jdbc.support.MetaDataAccessException: Could not
>get Connection for extracting meta data; nested exception is
>org.springframework.jdbc.CannotGetJdbcConnectionException: Could not
>get JDBC Connection; nested exception is java.sql.SQLException:
>javax.resource.ResourceException: IJ000453: Unable to get managed
>connection for java:/ENGINEDataSource
>
>Has anyone encountered this recently?

Thanks to alonb for his help on IRC.  As it turns out, I had a poorly
configured pg_hba.conf file that only started causing problems on F20.
To fix I replaced my contents with the following two lines:

host    engine          engine          0.0.0.0/0               md5
host    engine          engine          ::0/0                   md5

Otherwise, it seems to be working fine.