[Engine-devel] missing javadoc for restapi?

Michael Pasternak mpastern at redhat.com
Mon Dec 23 11:11:15 UTC 2013

Sven,

if you would like to develop against REST-API

REST-API is a web application, there is no javadoc for it
simply because you should develop against HTTP interface,

we have RSDL (RESTful service description language) that you
can use as api documentation [1].

[1] http(s)://server[:port]/api?rsdl
    http(s)://server[:port]/ovirt-engine/api?rsdl

if you would like to develop the REST-API itself

you working against the actual sources (not installed jar),
so you don't need any javadoc to be installed.

hope it helps.

On 12/20/2013 12:47 PM, Sven Kieske wrote:
> Hi,
>
> we are not able to find the javadoc for the restapi.
> I can find the javadoc for the java sdk but not for REST.
>
> Are we looking in the wrong place?
> Any links or help would be appreciated!
> -- Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Regards Sven Kieske Systemadministrator Mittwald CM Service GmbH & Co. KG Königsberger Straße 6 32339 Espelkamp T: +49-5772-293-100 F:
> +49-5772-293-333 https://www.mittwald.de Geschäftsführer: Robert Meyer St.Nr.: 331/5721/1033, USt-IdNr.: DE814773217, HRA 6640, AG Bad Oeynhausen Komplementärin: Robert

Michael Pasternak
RedHat, ENG-Virtualization R&D