[Engine-devel] VmDynamic kvm_enable

Laszlo Hornyak lhornyak at redhat.com
Tue Mar 12 14:37:41 UTC 2013

Hi,

I came across a VmDynamic property 'kvm_enable'. It sounds strange for me, because ovirt is very colsely integrated with kvm. So a short dig into this flag...
There is a similar thing for the VDS, it is set to true by vdsm is the host CPU has a VT flag. It is actually used to check if the host is OK to run VMS.

But the one for Vm it looks like a distributed logical loop in vdsm: it is set when constructing a VM object (vdsm/vm.py:~343) from the data sent by the client (engine) and then reported back in vm stats, so it is just a roundtrip between vdsm and it's client.
In the engine side, it is just keeps sending it between the frontend DB and vdsm, never part of a decision.

Is this still needed here? Can I remove?
VDSM guys?

Thx,
Laszlo