[Engine-devel] [vdsm] Proposal VDSM <=> Engine Data Statistics Retrieval Optimization

Ayal Baron abaron at redhat.com
Wed Mar 13 21:55:22 UTC 2013

> > From: "Ayal Baron" <abaron at redhat.com>

Of course vdsm does the hash, otherwise you'd need to pass all the data to engine which would beat the purpose.

> But, we might want to consider that when we add events polling
> becomes (much) less frequent so maybe it'll be an overkill.

You'd still need to compare versions of the data in vdsm and send only if it changed.  If you don't persist what was received last then potentially you could have a monday morning effect where upon on system startup you'd be sending everything.  So I still think you'd want to have the hash.