[Engine-devel] Async Task Manager improvements

Sahina Bose sabose at redhat.com
Thu Mar 14 05:53:15 UTC 2013

Hi Yair,

Thanks for the detailed design.
Had some questions

1. Can we think about introducing some DI framework in the Task
Management package. This could be used to inject the DAL, VDS Broker,
Commons etc dependencies. Even the list of providers and TaskStatusEvent
handlers could be registered using this framework.

2. You mention "Several providers that refer to instances of the same
external system type have the same ProviderLogic object. " I'm not sure
I understand this. Could you clarify?

3. Will TaskManager also talk to Job entity and update/end Job if necessary?

4. Are we planning to support custom actions on tasks? That is,
depending on status of task, task can be paused/ resumed/ aborted
/custom action performed etc

thanks
sahina