[Engine-devel] Best place for new interfaces used by bll

Itamar Heim iheim at redhat.com
Fri Mar 15 10:19:53 UTC 2013

On 03/06/2013 06:57 PM, Ravi Nori wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am working on refactoring some of the backend code in bll and need to
> create interfaces so that I can eliminate the dependency between bll and
> the new module.
>
> Currently I created the interfaces in
> org.ovirt.engine.core.common.interfaces, but from what I understand this
> module is used by both frontend and backend. The new interfaces will
> only be used by the backend. What would be the best place to put these
> new interfaces?

1. i agree with alissa and alon on the larger refactoring.
2. not all of common today is used by gwt, specifically, interfaces are
shared/common, but backendinterfaces are limited to backend.

since we are trying to refactor the frontend to not use common at all by
moving to the restapi, I'm not sure i'd bother we'd splitting common
"more" by shared/not-shared with frontend.
but i would focus on making things in their own packages.
i.e., I'd like to see ovirt-engine for gluster-only having to
deploy/build/pull only what's relevant for them, not the 'virt' stuff
for example.
(easier for bll. a bit more work for db/common)

Thanks,
    Itamar