[Engine-devel] FeatureSupported and compatibility versions

Shireesh Anjal sanjal at redhat.com
Mon Mar 18 07:41:33 UTC 2013

On 03/18/2013 12:59 PM, Mike Kolesnik wrote:
> [...]

I think option 1 suggested above is simpler - to implement as well as to
understand.

Let me give you an example of why I don't like current mechanism. I
introduce a version check for a feature that was introduced in 3.1. I'm
being asked now to add three entries in config

3.0 - false
3.1 - true
3.2 - true

It will also mean that when 3.3 goes out, someone has to make sure that
another entry is added for 3.3-true. I think it is not logical as well
as scalable if you have more versions. And it sounds far more complex
(to maintain) than just having

<Feature>SupportedFrom = 3.1

So I would like to know if there are any objections to my proposal. I
intend to use this for at least the gluster related features.