[Engine-devel] Move SQL out of stored procedures

Juan Hernandez jhernand at redhat.com
Tue Mar 26 17:34:04 UTC 2013

Hello,

I would like to start a discussion about the subject. I think this is
something we need to do if one day we want to be able to use any
database other than PostgreSQL.

I did an small example of what it takes and how it looks like to have
the SQL code into the DAOs:

http://gerrit.ovirt.org/13347

It isn't rocket science, it isn't an exciting task, it isn't fun, but
something I think we should eventually do.

I appreciate any comment about how and when to do this, including those
saying that instead of this primitive approach we should use this or
that ORM framework.

Regards,
Juan Hernandez
3ºD, 28016 Madrid, Spain