[Engine-devel] Cloud-Init integration

Laszlo Hornyak lhornyak at redhat.com
Fri Mar 29 07:14:39 UTC 2013

Hi Greg,

Cool feature :) Some questions:
- Maybe the IP (and probably the hostname) should be enforced to be unique on the same network? Or at least warning if duplicates found?
- Let's say if the IP is set by cloud-init, then you may also have it in the guest agent info if the guest agent is installed. This may make life a bit more difficult for the developers who build on rest-api. Is there a nice solution for this?
- for authorized keys, it would be a pain to copy-paste the public key each time you install a guest. Could a default be stored let's say in the user's data?
- the hostname set for the guest could default to the VM name?

Thank you,
Laszlo