[Engine-devel] DB performance optimization

Laszlo Hornyak lhornyak at redhat.com
Mon May 13 09:28:59 UTC 2013

Hi Liran,

Thanks for this patch, I have been asking for caching for a long while and I hope to see caching in the engine soon.

Beyond the comments I have made to your patch, I have some questions about the idea just to start the discussion.

So your cache solution is caching data based on SQL statements?
What will the cache do if we query the same data with two different SQL statements? e.g. you can query from views like vms and sometimes we only query the vm_static and we should get the same vm_static.
Also, how will you deal with updates? e.g. when you update the vm_static record, that vm_static record must be updated or invalidated but also the vm record from

Thx,
Laszlo