[Engine-devel] VDSM Java Bindings

Saggi Mizrahi smizrahi at redhat.com
Mon May 20 14:51:40 UTC 2013

A preliminary version on the Java bindings is up on gerrit ready for review. It's been
up for a while now but I noticed I forgot to notify the list.

It currently only supports the TCP transport as the Java implementation of
Proton gave me a lot of grief and I wanted to release things ASAP. Also, receiving unions
is still a bit problematic. The will always arrive as the base form of the union
since detection of the concrete type is not implemented yet. I also don't like how unions
works ATM and would like to come up with a system that makes them more easily detectable.

You can review the code here
http://gerrit.ovirt.org/#/q/status:open+project:vdsm+branch:master+topic:json_rpc_r,n,z

An example project showing how to set up a Java project and connect to a VDSM instance.
https://github.com/ficoos/vdsmhello

I would like to have more feedback about how the interface is exported and generated.
Getting the interface right is much more important to me at the moment than performance
tweaks and corner cases.