[Engine-devel] static header only in VM dialog?

Einav Cohen ecohen at redhat.com
Fri May 31 17:18:53 UTC 2013

- I am actually waiting for Tomas's response on what exactly is going to be included
within the top static header of the dialog in his current 7-patches batch (see my
previous response in the thread) - there is a chance that it makes some sense to
introduce the top static section at this stage (instead of waiting for the "final
dialog patch" in which the Instance Types and Image fields will be introduced), as
it already affects a "nice" amount of side-tabs.

- even if the fields that are included in the top static header in the current
patch-batch don't really justify introducing the top static section at this stage,
there are other things that (IMO) should be taken into consideration when deciding
how to proceed [see my (1.a), (1.b), (2) "essay" in one of my previous responses
in the thread]

> (though I still don't like the idea that it's relevant only for some
> side-tabs).

I think that UX wise (and Malini/Eldan can comment on that), if the top section affect
a significant amount of side-tabs, it is better that this section would be displayed
in *all* side tabs, rather than have it visible only in the relevant side-tabs, which
can be a bit irritating to the eye when "jumping" between side-tabs.

[of course, I assume that completely different, creative solutions can be found, but
even if so - I suggest to think about them in a later stage, after introducing the
Instance Types feature into the system / getting some more feedback on the current
top static header solution]