[Engine-devel] REST-API: Problem with additional DELETE action at collection level

Shubhendu Tripathi shtripat at redhat.com
Mon Nov 11 10:00:34 UTC 2013

Self and Ori had a detailed discussion on the topic.

Points discussed -

1. Ori mentioned that Michael and Ori did not mean to have a separate
DELETE action for the purpose of commit in previous discussions.
2. Ori tried to understand the intention behind the separate commit
command in gluster and suggested that ideally gluster should remember
that a migration of data is started on the set of bricks, and if there
is a delete fired on the same bricks it should perform a commit action
because commit is nothing but a delete action
3. Ori suggested that in an ideal situation APIs needed would be
     - start migrate
     - stop migrate
     - delete bricks
     - retain bricks
4. As suggested by Ori, the remove bricks action should internally
decide if there was a data migration, started on the set of bricks. If
so, it should effectively fire a commit for the set of bricks. And if
there was not occurrence of data migration it should behave like a
normal force remove action.

Ori, please add your comments if I have missed out anything here.

Sahina, request your comments on the same.

Thanks and Regards,
Shubhendu