[Engine-devel] Remove Comment column in main tabs

Malini Rao mrao at redhat.com
Tue Nov 26 16:06:17 UTC 2013

----- Original Message -----

+1. But isn't there a limitation on appending an icon to a column that already has content? Also to fully consider pros and cons - if it is possible, we have to think of where to append this icon - prefix or suffix. If we prefix, then it is likely that some names will be preceded by 2 icons because many of our lists have an icon already in the first column. If it is suffixed, the relative position on the icon will change based on how long the name is and if the object names tend to be long, then potentially, the icon is taking some room away.

Also worth considering is the fact that if we prefix the icon only on the rows where it is needed, it will be in a position that will definitely grab attention. So, it may be worthwhile to see if this is the icon that we should place here or if there is any other icon that deserves this attention in a consistent manner across entities.

While on the topic, it will also be a great idea IMHO to take a look at our various lists and see what columns are actually valuable for a default display. I think we are working on adding the ability to select columns for display and so the columns that we remove can be added back in by users when they want but do not sit there taking up room permanently. If anyone has ideas on what the default columns should be for one or many of the lists in our product, do send it to me. I will be willing to compile and consolidate the list and then post it back to the group for consideration.