[Engine-devel] Issues with VirtIO-SCSI

Daniel Erez derez at redhat.com
Mon Sep 23 20:05:41 UTC 2013

Hi Vitor,

The new VirtIO-SCSI enabled checkbox is an indication whether to
attach a VirtIO-SCSI controller when running the VM.
It should be enabled automatically on cluster >= 3.3.

When disabled, I think it's preferable not to add a new controller
automatically when running the VM as it requires creating/attaching
a new VmDevice - which we refrain of on VmInfoBuilder flows
(and since it might be confusing to the user...).

As an alternative, I've planned to add a warning in the dialog
or create a canDo message to prevent running the VM at all.
I'm not sure we should hide the option from disk interfaces
list as it's already being filtered using VirtIoScsiEnabled
ConfigurationValue (and using OsInfo soon...).

Let me know what you think and thanks a lot for the input!

Daniel