[Engine-devel] Issues with VirtIO-SCSI

Vitor de Lima vitor.lima at eldorado.org.br
Tue Sep 24 15:52:46 UTC 2013

Hi Daniel,

I was referring to multiple types of controllers. For now, I think it is enough to have only one optional VirtIO-SCSI controller per VM, and (on the ppc64) one obligatory SPAPR VSCSI controller. The main question is how to handle the addresses when the VirtIO-SCSI is disabled and there is only the SPAPR VSCSI controller, and how to handle if the user enables VirtIO-SCSI after the creation of the VM (I think the addresses for the existing disks must remain stable, so the controller index must be 1 for the VirtIO-SCSI and 0 for the SPAPR VSCSI in this case).

Do you have any tips on how to implement the disk/cdrom addressing in these cases?

Thanks,
Vitor