[Engine-devel] Broken devel setup on Gentoo?

Alon Bar-Lev alonbl at redhat.com
Wed Jan 1 09:23:27 UTC 2014

----- Original Message -----

how come[1]?

$ make clean install-dev PREFIX=$HOME/ovirt-engine

so you are running it as root and install into /usr/local?

the entire concept of devenv is to use it as non root and install to user accessible directory (aka PREFIX).

if you want to start fresh (by removing the PREFIX) then you should also have fresh (empty) database.

Regards,
Alon Bar-Lev

[1] http://gerrit.ovirt.org/gitweb?p=ovirt-engine.git;a=blob;f=README.developer;hb=HEAD#l70