[Engine-devel] Inconsistent model->entity mapping in VmSnapshotListModel

Martin Betak mbetak at redhat.com
Wed Jan 22 12:14:40 UTC 2014

Hi all,

during some of my frontend patches I noticed that the properties
- singleQxlPci
- allowConsoleReconnect
- runAndPause
are not mapped from UnitVmModel to VM business entity in VmSnapshotListModel#onCloneVm method
while being mapped in all other fronted VM-related *ListModels (UserPortalListModel, VmListModel, TemplateListModel)

and also that the 'comment' property is not being mapped in UserPortalListModel#postVmNameUniqueCheck method.

Since I know that copy & pasting the appropriate setter to 6 different places when adding new VM property
can be tedious and very error prone I would like to ask the frontend maintainers if the above is desired behavior
or just bug caused by omission.

Best regards,

Martin