[Engine-devel] [vdsm] RES: oVirt 3.4 test day - PPC support

Dan Kenigsberg danken at redhat.com
Mon Jan 27 17:17:40 UTC 2014

On Sun, Jan 26, 2014 at 04:53:08AM -0500, Yaniv Bronheim wrote:
> Yes, sounds like the overriding of vdsm.conf is an issue that we need to avoid
> what I wonder is that it is not a regression, old versions of vdsm also overwrited the vdsm.conf file during deploy, so how is it harming us only now?
>
> please open a bug on the overwriting issue

I do not think a bug is warrented.
We wanted that a remote-controlled installation of a host would get it
into a known good state.
Needing to faking the hardware is a special case, not the rule, and
for it,
https://github.com/oVirt/ovirt-host-deploy/blob/master/README#L52
VDSM/configOverride=bool:False
was devised.