[Engine-devel] Predictable_vNIC_Order

Meni Yakove myakove at redhat.com
Wed Jan 29 07:05:50 UTC 2014

Hi,

On oVirt 3.4 there is new feature:
http://liver.englab.brq.redhat.com/redirect/?url=http://wiki.ovirt.org/Feature/Predictable_vNIC_Order

Right now the feature make sure that the VNIC ordering for VM is the
same after create VM from template/snapshot/import.
For example:

On original VM VNIC1 attached to network blue and VNIC2 attached to
network red and on the VM we have two interfaces ETH0 and ETH1, after
creating template from this VM and create VM from the template the order
of the VNICs are the same for the new VM.
On the VM from template the first VNIC is attached to blue network and
the second VNIC is attached to red network but on the VM we have ETH2
and ETH3

I think that the feature should also include Sealing_Linux_VM:
http://www.ovirt.org/Sealing_Linux_VM
Whit this on the VM from template the interface naming will be the same
as the original VM. (ETH0 and ETH1)

Please share your opinion.

Thanks
Meni