[Engine-devel] AppErrors properties

Michal Skrivanek michal.skrivanek at redhat.com
Thu Jan 30 13:56:07 UTC 2014

On Jan 30, 2014, at 14:52 , Einav Cohen <ecohen at redhat.com> wrote:

> - we used to have a lot of differences between the admin messages
> and the user portal messages; unfortunately we lost them somehow,
> I can't remember how or when, it was quite a long time ago. so
> the fact that the admin and user messages are identical is actually
> a bug/regression.

yeah, it would make sense if e.g. UP messages were simpler/reduced…but it doesn't look like anymore. E.g. there are some gluster-related mesages present in UP but missing from WA which makes no sense at all.

> - once the GUI will move to REST-API, we won't need any of the
> frontend files since we will get the translated message directly
> from the backend. no point in doing any changes before that - it
> is too much effort for too little gain.

right, so doesn't it make sense to keep just the backend ones?
(and remove defaults which are useless and just requires you to update 2 places instead of one)
and only if REST GUI is still far away by then….copying the same file to UP/WA is a matter of a single makefile line…

Thanks,
michal