[Engine-devel] mom RPMs for 3.4

Sandro Bonazzola sbonazzo at redhat.com
Fri Jan 31 07:36:59 UTC 2014

Il 30/01/2014 19:30, Adam Litke ha scritto:
> On 30/01/14 18:13 +0000, Dan Kenigsberg wrote:
>> On Thu, Jan 30, 2014 at 11:49:42AM -0500, Adam Litke wrote:
>>> Hi Sandro,
>>>
>>> After updating the MOM project's build system, I have used jenkins to
>>> produce a set of RPMs that I would like to tag into the oVirt 3.4
>>> release.  Please see the jenkins job [1] for the relevant artifacts
>>> for EL6[2], F19[3], and F20[4].
>>>
>>> Dan, should I submit a patch to vdsm to make it require mom >= 0.4.0?
>>> I want to be careful to not break people's environments this late in
>>> the 3.4 release cycle.  What is the best way to minimize that damage?
>>
>> Hey, we're during beta. I prefer making this requirement explicit now
>> over having users with supervdsmd.log retate due to log spam.
>
> In that case, Sandro, can you let me know when those RPMs hit the
> ovirt repos (for master and 3.4) and then I will submit a patch to
> vdsm to require the new version.

mom 0.4.0 has been built in last night nightly job [1] and published to nightly by publisher job [2]
so it's already available on nightly [3]

For 3.4.0, it has been planned [4] a beta 2 release on 2014-02-06 so we'll include your builds in that release.

[1] http://jenkins.ovirt.org/view/Packaging/job/mom_create-rpms/40/
[2] http://jenkins.ovirt.org/view/Publishers/job/publish_ovirt_rpms_nightly/661/
[3] http://resources.ovirt.org/releases/nightly
[4] http://www.ovirt.org/OVirt_3.4_release-management