smtp server for ovirt.org

Itamar Heim iheim at redhat.com
Fri Dec 16 12:14:29 UTC 2011

Of Karsten 'quaid' Wade
> Sent: Thursday, December 15, 2011 22:12 PM
> To: infra at ovirt.org
> Subject: Re: smtp server for ovirt.org

> On 12/15/2011 07:44 AM, Eyal Edri wrote:
> > Do we have an SMTP server configured for oVirt?
>
> Well, lists.ovirt.org is running SMTP (postfix) for Mailman.
>
> I hadn't thought of that as being a central SMTP for the project, but
> I guess it makes sense to do that instead of maintaining N
configurations.

> So I reckon you can use lists.ovirt.org, and let us know the hostname
> and/or IP address so we can turn on acceptance.
>
> > I'm starting to configure the Jenkins CI server and it requires an
> > SMTP server for sending alerts via email.
>
> Can you fill us in a bit more on how you are doing all that?

It was created via Open Shift.

1. register to openshift express (openshift.redhat.com)
2. vi /etc/yum.repos.d/openshift.repo [1]
3. yum install rhc
4. rhc-create-domain -n domain_name -l user_name
5. rhc-create-app -a jenkins -t jenkins-1.4 -l user_name

I'm still working with the open shift folks to let me create this with
the ovirt domain name.
so current jenkins is just a test run on a temp name.

[1] copy content:
[openshift-express]
name=Openshift-express
baseurl=https://openshift.redhat.com/app/repo/rpms/$releasever/$basearch/