Request for documentation GIT repository.

Itamar Heim iheim at redhat.com
Tue Nov 15 19:34:10 UTC 2011

On 11/15/2011 08:47 PM, Karsten 'quaid' Wade wrote:

> On 11/15/2011 09:09 AM, Steve Gordon wrote:
>>
>> I asked for ovirt-docs as we appear to have consistently attached
>> 'ovirt-' as the prefix for the names of all the other
>> repositories. Was there any particular reason for this?
>
> I suspect it is leftover from fedorahosted.org. I didn't create the
> instances nor notice the naming, I presumed the ovirt- prefix would be
> dropped when we had our own stand-alone git. *shrug*
>
> I recommend we do just that from now on; no idea if we should 'fix'
> the existing repos or not.

it's not a leftover - idea is for repo name to match the component name
we gave it, which for some components include the ovirt prefix (vdsm
being the exception for now).

my view is repo name should be reasonably representative even when not
in our git server.
i.e., i don't think docs, engine, cli, sdk, etc. are  descriptive enough
for a github mirror, and i'd hate to have a mirrored repo with a
different repo name unless a must.