[maven] Mirroring maven repositories for oVirt

Doron Fediuck dfediuck at redhat.com
Sun Nov 20 15:18:27 UTC 2011

On Sunday 20 November 2011 16:15:58 Yair Zaslavsky wrote:
> On 11/20/2011 04:12 PM, Eyal Edri wrote:
> > Since we all know that compiling oVirt on fedora for the first time downloads a very large amount of jars...
> > We need to think about mirroring the maven repositories we're using.
> >
> > There are a few advantages for that:
> >  * closer and faster servers
> >  * better control over the servers, meaning if the original repos are down, ours can still be online.
> >  * there is a chance we can be temporarily blocked if too many d/l are bring done. (or if some user d/l the entire repo using wget for e.g.)
> >
> > here is info about mirroring from the maven site:
> > http://maven.apache.org/guides/mini/guide-mirror-settings.html
> >
> > Eyal Edri.
> +1 - Sounds like a good idea.

The "closer" argument is subjective, and depends om your machine's current location.
Having said that, I agree other arguments are valid enough for this to be worthy.
I'd setup an artifactory or some similar service, which can host oVirt's own artifacts
as well.

--

/d

"Willyoupleasehelpmefixmykeyboard?Thespacebarisbroken!"