near-term roadmap

Karsten Wade kwade at redhat.com
Wed Oct 19 21:13:47 UTC 2011

Some items on my list for near-term for infrastructure, off the top of
my head:

* Instance of meetbot, using supybot. I have this formula from other
  situtations, may try to tackle later today.

* Gerrit for git and code review and Jenkins for continuous
  testing. We should see these machines come live mid-next week. We'll
  have to setup DNS for them, then someone different than the
  installer can do a system hardening.

  - We don't have a hardening process yet, but we do have the work
    I've done so far in the configuration files, and can use the
    package manifest from linode01.ovirt.org to help.

  - So a step here is to i) do the second-check for Itamar (who will
    install the RHEL + Gerrit + Jenkins), and ii) document what we do
    so we can make it more of a standard process.

* Split out a database server.

* Move www and lists to separate VMs.

* Puppet for configuration management.

* Combine backup methods.

* Write out a disaster recovery plan.

* Write out a security disaster plan.

- Karsten
team:   Red Hat Community Architecture & Leadership
uri:             http://communityleadershipteam.org
                        http://TheOpenSourceWay.org