Missing login oprion in wiki pages

Karsten 'quaid' Wade kwade at redhat.com
Fri Dec 21 06:25:44 UTC 2012

On 12/20/2012 02:23 AM, Michael Pasternak wrote:
> On 12/18/2012 08:43 PM, Dave Neary wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I committed a fix for this earlier today - I would appreciate it if
>> people tested on various edge cases, I'm far from a PHP wizard. It
>> is a servre side issue, should not be related to web client.
>
> login works for me, thanks., however the toolbar to edit entire page
> is gone.

That sounds odd. You should only see that toolbar when logged in. So, if
login now works for you ... you should be seeing the toolbar.

There was one corner-case when a link was 'wiki.ovirt.org' instead of
'www.ovirt.org'. Being different URLs, the login cookie won't work
between the two domains. You get the toolbar etc. by logging in to the
wiki.ovirt.org URL as well (thus setting a new login cookie for that
domain.)

... but we just 'fixed' that by having the httpd rewrite all incoming
*.ovirt.org to www.ovirt.org. You should *not* be able to pull up a page
under the wiki.ovirt.org domain. But are you?

Otherwise, I'd guess that Dave's fix somehow triggered the toolbar to
disappear, which isn't happening to (at least) me.

- Karsten