Jenkins Continuous Integration Server for oVirt is up and running!

Eyal Edri eedri at redhat.com
Thu Jan 19 15:05:29 UTC 2012

----- Original Message -----

yes according to the plugin wiki page [1]:

"Allow Jenkins to start slaves on EC2 or Ubuntu Enterprise Cloud (Eucalyptus) on demand, and kill them as they get unused.
With this plugin, if Jenkins notices that your build cluster is overloaded, it'll start instances using the EC2 API and automatically connect them as Jenkins slaves. When the load goes down, excessive EC2 instances will be terminated. This set up allows you to maintain a small in-house cluster, then spill the spiky build/test loads into EC2 or another EC2 compatible cloud."

[1] https://wiki.jenkins-ci.org/display/JENKINS/Amazon+EC2+Plugin

> does amazon support a delegated user to an account with limited set
> of
> permission to only start/stop existing slaves based on permissions?

this can be done via the 'Project-based Matrix Authorization Strategy' to allow certain users to certain jobs / slaves (didn't test it):

"This mode is an extension to "Matrix-based security" that allows additional ACL matrix to be defined for each project separately (which is done on the job configuration screen.)
This allows you to say things like "Joe can access project A, B, and C but he can't see D."

ACLs are additive, so the access rights granted below will be effective for all the projects."

we can also look for another security plugins that will better suit our needs.

Eyal.