Join to Ovirt Infra Team

Robert Middleswarth robert at middleswarth.net
Tue Jun 5 17:02:36 UTC 2012

On 06/05/2012 03:11 AM, Karsten 'quaid' Wade wrote:
> On 06/04/2012 11:22 PM, Robert Middleswarth wrote:
> > I had sent in an similar offer but mine got stalled in the monitor
> > queue.  I didn't want to resend figuring the old one would pop-up 5
> > min after I sent the new one in.  Isn't that the way it always
> > seems to work :)
>
> I admit to being a poor moderator. :) Happy to add moderators and
> admins, though, so we increase the chance of having not-poor moderators.
I don't mind helping out with that.  You can email me and we can work on
what ever process you guys have to adding a new moderator.

> > A brief overview of myself.  I have been working with Linux since
> > the Slackware 1.3 days and started working with Red Hat based
> > distro's around Red Hat 4.0.  Anyone else remember the joy of
> > installing gnome 1.02 :) I think that is where the term Dependency
> > hell came from. Although my job over the last 6 years has been
> > working with Debian based systems.  I have been following oVirt
> > since Nov. during the relaunch. Although I have been pretty regular
> > user of Git for some time Gerrit and Jenkins are still very new to
> > me.  My Strengths are in dealing with the wonders of emails
> > because I work in a small group just about any thing that needs
> > done I have worked on.  I know php, really well, perl to hack it
> > up, python I am ok with just need to use it more.  Java I really
> > don't know but am starting to learn it some.
>
> Sounds great, Robert, and thanks for following up. Your skills sound
> very useful to me for this team. Unlike the deep bowels of oVirt
> development, the languages our infrastructure use are more like PHP.
> Some of the tools are Java-based (Jenkins, Gerrit), so you have
> chances to learn there outside of the oVirt codebase itself.
I will help were I can.
> I'd like to see if there is a regular meeting time that might allow us
> all to get together and do some thinking and planning. Feel free to
> paint in some times for yourself, see if we can find some convergence
> when some folks are a available.
>
> http://whenisgood.net/yybbdkk
That doesn't say what time-zone the times are for?  I answered assuming
it was EST since it was am/pm but someone should update that to make it
clear what time-zone.

> Otherwise, let's start using this mailing list for the same thinking
> and planning.
>
> Cheers - Karsten

Thanks
Robert