oVirt Forum Pilot

Karsten 'quaid' Wade kwade at redhat.com
Mon May 21 17:11:47 UTC 2012

On 05/21/2012 12:15 AM, Barry Kostjens wrote:
> Thanks for your reply.
>
> I surely would like to help here. I can provide a linux server
> (VM) that we can use to test the mailman / mybb combo.

Sounds great. (The caveat being, I don't see a specific situation of
Mailman plus MyBB being proposed. The Mailman work is all part of the
Mailman 3.0 release. Or are you using mybb as a reference for the
concept of a forum rather than a specific tool?)

> Only thing needed (or not needed, but would be nice) is to have an
> A record (fa dev.ovirt.org) pointing to the ip address of the dev
> server.

Agreed.

> Let me know if this is acceptable and I'll setup the vm.

I don't see any problem in general with that idea so +1. Any other
thoughts from anyone else?

One thing we can chat about is to help with standards and security for
a few reasons. One is, many minds helps prevent cracked websites. :)
Another is, you can share the setup and maintenance burden with others.

Let us know what you think, and what IP address you've got so I can
start the DNS change request (Red Hat IT handles DNS for us right now.)

- - Karsten

> Here is the Google Summer of Code project page:
>
> https://www.google-melange.com/gsoc/project/google/gsoc2012/syst3mw0rm/31001

After reading up on the mockups behind that work, I wrote this