updating gerrit to 2.3

Itamar Heim iheim at redhat.com
Wed May 30 17:56:14 UTC 2012

On 05/30/2012 08:50 PM, Itamar Heim wrote:
> I'm planning to upgrade gerrit to version 2.3 on Sunday.
> will send an email before and after the downtime.
>
> plan is to upgrade to "clean" version of 2.3, and after we see
> everything is working ok, upgrade it with the patch for better emails.
>
> thoughts/comments?

one comment that 2.4 was released last friday (and has a cool feature of
rebasing[1].

but i prefer to give it a bit of time for testing, and not delay our
upgrade.

so I prefer to upgrade to 2.3.
question is if to apply the email patch on 2.3, or upgrade to 2.4 first.

in any case I want to first upgrade to a clean 2.3 environment.

Itamar

[1]"issue 1035 Add rebase button to the change screen

This change adds a rebase button along with the rest of the action
buttons in the change page. When pressing the button, the most recent
patch set will be rebased onto the tip of the destination branch or the
latest patchset of the change we depend upon. A new patch set containing
the rebased commit will be produced and added to the change.

Rebasing of a change in web UI is restricted to change owner, submitter
or those with the (new) rebase permission."