Moving MediaWiki to OpenShift

Karsten 'quaid' Wade kwade at redhat.com
Sat Nov 10 01:31:42 UTC 2012

On 11/09/2012 12:37 PM, Karsten 'quaid' Wade wrote:

> The /wiki situation is that our "wiki" is configured following the
> MediaWiki standard of domain.example.org/wiki. If we're going to make
> MediaWiki the service behind www.ovirt.org, we're going to need to decide:
>
> * Do we keep or drop the /wiki convention?
> * How do we handle redirects?
> ** Is this something OpenShift can do?
> * Where do we handle redirects for content from Wordpress?
> ** Do we need individual redirects for each old-URL?!?

We can use a .htaccess file in the web root:

https://openshift.redhat.com/community/kb/kb-e1044-how-to-redirect-traffic-to-https

We'll have to use the MediaWiki directions to figure out the way to get
everything at / instead of /wiki:

http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Manual:Short_URL
http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Manual:Short_URL#URL_like_-_example.com.2FPage_title
http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Manual:Wiki_in_site_root_directory