Infra Weekly :: Minutes :: 2013-08-12

Alexander Rydekull rydekull at gmail.com
Wed Aug 14 09:00:47 UTC 2013

Right, so... Me and Kiril has been massaging this issue a bit now. First of
all, gmail, its not so much that all gmail gets bounced, its just that we
send so much mail to gmail, that it starts blocking.

So we need to tackle this issue in different parts

#1 Fix so that gmail will accept us in the future
#2 Unblock users, reset their bounce

#1 Is a bit tricky, we need to test this a bit, but we found the following:
https://support.google.com/mail/answer/81126

Thus, one of the first things we need to do is try and add a SPF-record,
Kiril as mentioned in a previous mail has sent a request for this to RH Ops.

After this, we can look into making a DKIM entry aswell, and try and doing
some additional tweaks according to that document.

#2 Re-enabling users
Well, it isnt as easy as it sounds. But after some while digging around,
trying python-scripts and modifying it a bit etc. I found the following:

If you want to list all disabled users due to bounce within the mailing
list 'users' do the following:
[root at linode01 bin]# ./list_members --nomail=bybounce users

If you want to reset all users bounce-score in the list 'users' do the
following:
[root at linode01 bin]# ./withlist -r reset_bounce users --verbose
Importing reset_bounce...
Running reset_bounce.reset_bounce()...
List Users: Reset 112 bouncing members.
Finalizing