running network functional tests

Eyal Edri eedri at redhat.com
Sun Aug 18 12:06:22 UTC 2013

Hi,

Usually in these cases when a new job is requested to a specific project/component,
A 'power user' for the relevant team (in your case network), is given privileges on the Jenkins machine
to add any job required.

I would propose the following:
 1. request power user access to jenkins.ovirt.org (if you don't already have)
 2. add a new job with your functional test per commit (not per patch for starts)
    any infra member can assist you with the labels for slaves / os /etc...
 3. once that job is running properly, you can contact infra to assist in converting it to a per-patch job
    with the topic / field verification logic done.
 4. not sure if this is relevant to your tests, but all existing jenkins slaves are VMs and not bare-metal.

i hope this helps.

Eyal.