Migration for the rackspace servers

Ewoud Kohl van Wijngaarden ewoud+ovirt at kohlvanwijngaarden.nl
Wed Oct 16 15:15:38 UTC 2013

On Mon, Oct 14, 2013 at 09:23:06AM -0400, Kiril Nesenko wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Please review the plan I've wrote for the migration.
>
> MUST REQUIREMENTS
> * Gluster data domain
> * Export domain
> * Open a ticket to rackspace regarding static MAC address mapping

This was expanded on in the latest meeting. I think you said every mac
address at rackspace can only originate from a certain other mac
address. Isn't this network port in the switch because we have a layer 2
bridged network.

> STEPS
> 1. Install rackspace03.ovirt.org
> 2. Create gluster based DC and add gluser storage as data domain.
> 3. Add rackspace03.ovirt.org into the DC.
> 4. Create export domain.
> 5. Attach export domain into rackspace[01/02].ovirt.org.
> 6. Poweoff all VMs on rackspace[01/02].ovirt.org and export them.
> 7. Attach export domain to the gluster based dc
> 8. Import all vms
> 9. Poweroff vms and check their statuses/connectivity. In jenkins as well.

Shouldn't this be power on?

> 10. Add rackspace[01/02].ovirt.org to the gluster based dc
> 11. Do steps 5-10 for rackspace02
>

> Will remove the local DCs a week after migration after we will be sure that everything is ok.

Can we also update to fedora 19? rackspace03 already is f19.