puppet trailhead for ovirt infra

R P Herrold herrold at owlriver.com
Thu Oct 17 22:15:57 UTC 2013

Eyal Edri mentioned in IRC this morning (to me) that he had
opened a couple of puppet tickets on infra matters -- and so I
resolved to look on for 'easyfix' fruit to commit for puppet
to apply

[ BTW, I solved getting a commit of a trivial gix up to gerrit
earlier today as to a vdsm typo, so I think I have write
access to git with ssh keying working.  Checking the CI server
dashboard, I see a broken build, but it seems to be for
reasons other than my patch (which should have not have caused
any new damag)e:  http://gerrit.ovirt.org/#/c/20277/  As I am
not certain, however, I decided I should stop further work on
that front ]

But I fear my Google Fu has deserted me today.  A Google
search of:
 	site:www.ovirt.org puppet

_should_ link me into find the details of the puppet
management details for the oVirt infrastructure ... but
(putting to side dead ends as to plug-ins for oVirt to Puppet,
which are out of scope), about the most promising I can find
is

 	http://www.ovirt.org/Infrastructure_Puppet_details

which is not really helpful

Argument:
 	site:gerrit.ovirt.org puppet

does not help either

I _think_ this is the proper trailhead:

 	http://gerrit.ovirt.org/gitweb?p=infra-puppet.git

and so I have a checkout of the repository to poke through

But for the life of me, I cannot find a writeup or overview of
the puppet workflow for infrastructure management

Does someone have an outline, or pointer into the wiki?

Thanks

-- Russ herrold