false test failure; was: Re: puppet trailhead for ovirt infra

R P Herrold herrold at owlriver.com
Fri Oct 18 15:16:04 UTC 2013

On Fri, 18 Oct 2013, Dan Kenigsberg wrote:

> No harm done by you. We experience way too many false test failures. In
> your case, a timeout on
> http://jenkins.ovirt.org/job/vdsm_unit_tests_gerrit/5035/ and a missing
> output file on
> http://jenkins.ovirt.org/job/vdsm_unit_tests_gerrit_el/4151

After the mailing list mention of slow connectivity, and the
outage on www.ovirt.org, I set up nagios monitoring to 'watch'
all the principal oVirt resources.  I am pretty regularly
getting 'slow ping' reports as to jenkins.ovirt.org ... but on
none of the others

[herrold at centos-6 ~]$ !1360
ssh -l root monitor.lsbtest.org
Last login: Thu Oct 17 11:52:30 2013 from (elided)
[root at monitor ~]# cd /etc/nagios/objects
[root at monitor objects]# grep jenkins ovirt.cfg
         members         www.ovirt.org, gerrit.ovirt.org, \
 		jenkins.ovirt.org, resources.ovirt.org, lists.ovirt.org
[root at monitor objects]#

Should I be 'watching others'?

Perhaps a ticket should be opened with the provider for that
unit?

-- Russ herrold