documenting ovirt.org outages downtime

Dave Neary dneary at redhat.com
Wed Oct 23 13:04:26 UTC 2013

Hi,

On 10/22/2013 10:02 AM, Eyal Edri wrote:
> Can you please add current infra team members to the group?
> or do you want each to send his pub key?

I don't have access - and yes, Karsten will need public SSH keys for
everyone. I guess they're in the wiki already. To add people to a group,
people will also need OpenShift usernames.

> I'm still missing real commands/actions on what to do in an outage.
> examples:
>  1. how to login and server name

In the app, the git repo to use is generated and used.

[dneary at leitrim wiki]$ git remote -v
origin
ssh://847edb45aea84198838f915be6faa066@wiki-ovirt.rhcloud.com/~/git/wiki.git
(fetch)
origin
ssh://847edb45aea84198838f915be6faa066@wiki-ovirt.rhcloud.com/~/git/wiki.git
(push)

To connect, once your public SSH key is there, you can just ssh to
uuid at wiki-ovirt.rhcloud.com

>  2. where is our app is located (to those who are not familiar with openshift)

It's on OpenShift :-)

It's at wiki-ovirt.rhcloud.com - that means the app name is wiki, the
username is ovirt. I think the password for it may be in the passwords
file and any of us can go in & add SSH keys & add users to the team.

>  3. how to check if disk is full, and ideas on fixing it - (e.g which logs to delete)

Right now, I don't think we should delete logs. The access logs are the
est source of web analytics we have. I'm looking at setting up Piwik for
the wiki, it's pretty straightforward, which will reduce the need from
now on, but I don't want to lose our access logs just yet.

The main issue is that we have a 5GB quota and a 3.5GB database index
file. Deleting logs is not going to win us much time. We need to
automate logfile compression, which addresses things short term.

>  4. email/irc contact for support from openshift

I have been asking on #openshift on FreeNode, and/or #libra-ops
internally on Red Hat IRC. The "proper" support channel is the OpenShift
forum or the IRC channel.

> if you can share this info on the email, i can copy it to a txt file and locate on linode
> for time you're not availalbe and ovirt.org is down.

Hope that helps!
Dave.

--
Dave Neary - Community Action and Impact
Ph: +33 9 50 71 55 62 / Cell: +33 6 77 01 92 13