RESEND ovirt infra monitoring (fwd)

Ohad Basan obasan at redhat.com
Mon Oct 28 15:20:56 UTC 2013

----- Original Message -----

we can use any solution that we like
it's a community project.
I found icinga modern and nagios compatible so I chose it.
i didn't install it from rpms
just downloaded the tar.gz and installed

send an email to infra at ovirt.org asking for credentials.

> As presently implemented, is this capable of being under SSO / LDAP control ?
> If so, what credential shall I use. Alternatively, please add a RO credential
> for me so I may 'look around'
>
> I have a long-standing personal policy of packaging everything I use.  It
> looks
> as though a packaging push was attempted at F17, but that it lost momentum.
> [2] Shall we start by packaging icinga and getting it into EPEL, or Fedora?
that won't be necessary.
when I first set up icinga, there were no packages for rhel/fedora
but now it appears that there are
https://www.icinga.org/download/packages/